Holistic or Biological Dentistry is an approach that promotes health and wellness instead of the treatment of disease. It encompasses both modern science and knowledge drawn from the world's great traditions of natural healing. Holistic Dentistry acknowledges and deals with the mind, body, and spirit of the patient, not just his or her "teeth". This recent interview may explain more.
Holistic Dentistry: An Overview
She didn't just examine my teeth but gave me information concerning my overall health that was very helpful.
- Proper nutrition for the prevention and reversal of degenerative dental disease
- Avoidance and elimination of toxins from dental materials
- Prevention and treatment of dental malocclusion (bite problems=physical imbalance)
- Prevention and treatment of gum disease at its biological basis
- Prevention and treatment of dental decay or dental infections
- hypnosis for anxiety and pain control
- fresh breath treatment*
- digital x-rays
- air abrasion for small cavity preparation
- laser fluorescent cavity detection
- laser and ozone periodontal treatment* for gum disease
- saliva pH evaluation
- blood pressure screening
- tongue reading evaluation
- homeopathic remedies
- herbal remedies
- magnet therapy
- biocompatibility testing for restorations
- proper protocol for mercury amalgam removal*
- detoxification protocol*
- detoxifying ionizing footbath*
- neuro-linguistic programing /hypnosis /guided imagery*
- nutritional counseling*
- sealants BPA-free
*Laser and Ozone Periodontal Treatment is a conservative effective technique to reduce inflammation, bacterial infection of gums, as well as stimulate new connective tissue and bone regeneration.
*Neuro-Linguistic Programming / Emotional Freedom Technique / Hypnosis / Guided Imagery: are different techniques to reduce anxiety and enhance relaxation. It can also be used to attain total pain control without anesthesia, on some patients. Dr. Brand is trained in these modalities.
*Nutritional Counseling: Dr. Brand is a Certified Nutritional Counselor (CNC) and can work very closely with you to accomplish many of your dietary goals. We have an extensive intake form that will need to be filled out and submitted to the office at least 2 days before your counseling appointment. Please call the office if you would like further information about this service.