|Posted on December 5, 2010 at 3:15 AM|
Elemental mercury is the second most toxic substance on the planet; and it is in every single one of those pretty silver fillings in your mouth.
As a holistic dentist, the most frequent question that I am usually asked is: “Are these mercury fillings really bad for me?”
And the answer is: “It depends.”
It depends on what you consider “bad”.
Now for some people “bad” means having chronic health issues that don’t resolve. For others, “bad” means having to deal with crazy symptoms that have no explainable cause and no reasonable treatment. And for the rest of you, “bad” means having medical doctors who are ready to write you off as a troublemaker because they can’t cure you with the latest and greatest brightly colored pill.
As for me, I don’t think like that. ”Bad” means simply “not good”.
There are so many toxins that we are exposed to on a daily basis. Most of them are insidious... hidden in the air we breathe, the food we eat, the environment we live and work in; and of course, also picked up from the people we spend time with.
Knowing that you are exposed to thousands of these hidden toxins daily, wouldn’t it make sense to take some control and remove the ones that you do know about? Yes. I think so.
So to answer the original question: Let’s not argue if a known toxin is “bad” for you; let’s just handle it by replacing it with something that is more “good”. End of discussion.
I am sure that you have wondered why immune system illnesses (cancers, persistent infections, etc.) are on the rise, why neurological illnesses (Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, Autism, learning disabilities, etc.) are prevalent, and why chronic health challenges (diabetes, migraines, digestive,respiratory etc.) are now considered the norm.
Well, many recent studies have shown that these illnesses (and others) are all implicated with heavy metal toxicity. And mercury is a heavy metal.
Let’s review some facts:
· Mercury is a known neurotoxin. It destroys the myelin sheath (outside covering) of your nerve cells.
· It is fat soluble and easily crosses the bloodbrain barrier. Brain tissue has a very high percentage of fat in its neuronal makeup.
· Mercury crosses the placental membrane, easily affecting your unborn child.
· Mercury is found in dental fillings, contaminated seafood and vaccines.
· EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) has issued regulations that require industry to reduce mercury release to air and water and to properly treat and dispose of mercury wastes.
Being prescription drug-free and healthy in this society is actually a rarity, usually associated with being young and having good genetics. I can assure you from personal experience, that being vigorous is a birthright that all of us can attain, if we just educate ourselves and make smarter decisions. Detoxification of heavy metals is critical to keeping or regaining your health.
Information is all over the internet. No excuses.
If you liked this posting, you may also like: The Flaws of Fluoride